What does blogging mean to me?
Sarabeth, of "I was once HP"
just tagged me with this meme.
1) Are you happy/satisfied with your blog's content and look?
I actually have two blogs, and the answers are different for both of them. I'm more particular about the content of Testing the Cultural Divide
, and I'm pretty ready for a change in the look there. But here is where I'm more relaxed. As a result, the look of the site doesn't concern me as much. I'm pretty happy with the content of both of them though. I do need to spend some time on the sidebars.
2) Does your family know about your blog?
They do. In fact, I've gotten every female member of it to start one. I think it is a great way to keep in touch with family when one doesn't live close.
3) Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
I'm not embarrassed at all. I want more people to read it. It has always been a public venture. Of course, I don't post much of my private life on either of my blogs.
4) Did blogging cause positive changes in your thoughts?
In my thoughts... hmm... I'm not sure blogging has had that effect on me, except perhaps my enjoyment of posting. But maybe it has. I started blogging partly because I had so many words and phrases that had accumulated but had no home that I was actually getting irritated. Now, I have a couple of places for them.
5) Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go and discover more by yourself?
I do like to go discover more by myself, but I've barely had time to write in my own blogs or even read all that are on my blogrolls now. So mostly I just open the blogs of those who comment. Comment here, so I can visit you!
6) What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?
I really like having a visitor counter and seeing where people are from. Like Sarabeth, the blocked addresses are interesting, but I tend to think they are probably disguised spambots.
7) Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
8) Admit. Do you think there is any real benefit in blogging?
For me, there is. I'm a writer who hopes to get published by a brick and morter publisher. Blogging both hones my skill and is a place where I can gain an audience before I even publish.
9) Do you think that blogger's society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
The society isn't isolated, but individual bloggers may be.
10) Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
Both. Except, it depends on what kind of criticism. I love constructive criticism. I actively seek it out for my fiction.
11) Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I hate politics, so I typically do avoid political blogs. I don't think they are good sources for unbiased knowledge about what is going on with governments and society.
12) Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
When and where?
13) What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
I really should make hard copy of it. Any maintenance of it would probably be forgotten, as my husband doesn't read either of my blogs.
14) What do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to on your blog?
Star Trekkin across the universe!
On the starship enterprise, under Captain Kirk!
Star Trekkin across the universe!
Only going forward now 'cause we can't find reverse!
Okay, back to reality, where I still can't find reverse. Like Sarabeth
, who tagged me, I love U2. I tend to appreciate intelligent lyrics and interesting music from just about any group, except country. I've really tried to like it because a lot of people I like do, but it just kind of grates on me.
15) Five bloggers to be the next "victims"?MommaTNRindaJordanClark BartramKetchup Queen